Zoll AED Plus Defibrillator
AED Plus Automated External Defibrillator
What good is an AED that only works half the time?
When a cardiac arrest occurs, the fact is that only half of the victims will need a shock. The other half requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
You deserve an automated external defibrillator (AED) that helps you all the time. And, only one AED can actually see when you are doing CPR and help you do it well. You need more than just commands, without assistance. That's not smart, and it's certainly not help.
ZOLL's AED Plus® features Real CPR Help®, a CPR feedback tool that is able to actually see what you are doing and provide feedback to help you do it well. Audio and visual prompts help you rescue with confidence and clarity unmatched by any other automated external defibrillator (AED).
* Not pushing hard enough? It will tell you when to push harder.
* Pushing hard enough? It will say, "Good compressions."
* Not pushing fast enough? A metronome will lead you to the right rate.
* It will even show you the depth of each compression. In real time.
* Not yet started? The AED Plus will tell you again to get started.
* Compressions stopped? It will tell you to continue.
ZOLL believes AEDs should not just deliver a shock. They should also help the rescuer provide high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). That's why you need ZOLL AEDs, the AED Plus with Real CPR Help.
The AED Plus offers:
* Real CPR Help for rate and depth of compressions.
* Support for the complete Chain of Survival.
* Help to all victims of SCA, even those for which no shock is advised.
* A one-piece electrode pad for fast and accurate placement.
* Our AEDs use consumer lithium camera batteries available from retail stores.
Other important features:
* Intelligent Pediatric Capability
* ZOLL's Rectilinear Biphasic™ Waveform
* Total AED Program Management with En-Pro™
* Able to follow Guidelines 2010
With innovative Real CPR Help®, See-Thru CPRTM, and ECG monitoring, the ZOLL® AED Pro® is a durable and dependable AED that exceeds all erformance expectations.
Rugged Construction, Advanced Capabilities
Designed with advanced capabilities, the ZOLL AED Pro supports Basic Life Support as well as Advanced Life Support professionals. A high-resolution LCD display allows responders to visualize a patient’s ECG. Real CPR Help
The AED Pro is the first defibrillator designed for professional responders with real-time feedback on CPR chest compressions. ZOLL’s unique real-time feedback mechanism, Real CPR Help, includes a metronome set at the AHA recommended 100 bpm and a screen display that helps rescuers achieve optimum rate and depth of compression levels through audible and/or visual prompts.
When the AED Pro is in manual mode and CPR chest compressions are being performed, See-Thru CPR is activated. See-Thru CPR reduces interruptions by allowing clinicians to see organized electrical activity while CPR compressions are being performed by filtering out compression artifact (“noise”). This allows rescuers the ability to see a patient’s underlying cardiac rhythm during resuscitation efforts and eliminates the need to stop compressions to see if defibrillation was successful.
Manufacturers Claimed Features of the ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator:
* Graphical operator interface.
* Performs periodic self test to ensure its continual readiness.
* One piece ZOLL AED Plus Electrode System facilitates proper electrode placement and is easy to apply to the patient.
* Analyzes heart rhythm and informs the rescuer if the rhythm is shockable or non-shockable.
* Delivers defibrillation treatment to victims of cardiac arrest who exhibit shockable ECG rhythms.
* Sequenced LED array gives fast communication of specific rescuer actions needed at the correct time.
* The voice prompts and graphics of the ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator guide the rescuer regarding what to do and when to do it during a cardiac emergency - such as calling for help or giving CPR to the patient.
* Audible beeps encourage rescuers to provide CPR compressions at 100 CPM
* Monitors the depth of chest compressions during CPR and provides voice prompts, if compression depth is inadequate.
* ZOLL AED Plus cover functions as a Passive Airway Support System (PASS).
* Upload data from the AED Plus to a PC to store events or print event reports.
* Includes: ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator, Public Safety PASS Cover, Softcase, Operator's Guide, Interactive CD Rom In-Service Program, and one set of ZOLL AED Plus CPR-D Padz.
Features Claimed by many field users of the ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator:
* Simple design and exceptional urability expand early defibrillation programs in hospitals by supporting needs of Basic Life Support providers.
* Manual override option satisfies Advanced Life Support professionals.
* Electrodes and batteries compatible with ZOLL M Series™professional defibrillators for cost savings and ease-of-use.
* Seven hours of internal memory data storage.
* Wireless or USB data transfer.
* Unrivaled battery compatibility and options (long-life disposable or rechargeable) that meet your specific needs.
* Rate and depth feedback on CPR chest compressions ZOLL's unique one-piece CPR-D•padz.
Specifications of the ZOLL AED Plus:
Model Number: Zoll AED Plus
Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.25" x 9.50" x 11.50" / 13.3 cm x 24.l cm x 29.2 cm
Weight: 6.7 lbs. / 3.1 kg
Power: User replaceable batteries.
10 type 123A Photo Flash lithium manganese dioxide batteries.
Display: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) shows critical information, including:
Voice prompt messages
Device advisory messages
Chest compression graph
Download, maintenance information
Device Classification: Class II and internally powered per EN60601-1
Design Standards: Meets applicable requirements of:
- Temperature Operating: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage and shipping: 30°C to 70°C
- Humidity: 10% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Vibration: MIL-STD-810F, Integrity Test for Helicopters
- Shock: IEC 60068-2-27; 100G
- Altitude Height: 300 to 15,000 ft; 91 to 4573 m
- Pressure: 768 to 429 mmHg; 1024 to 572 millibars
- Particle and water ingress:IEC 60529, IP 55
- Drop test: 1.5 m per IEC 68-2-32.
- Waveform: ZOLL rectilinear biphasic waveform
- Energy selection: Configurable preset energy levels for adult and pediatric patients in three-shock stacks.
- Charge time: Less than 10 seconds with a new, fully charged battery; with depleted battery packs, the charge time will be longer. For the fifteenth discharge at maximum energy (200 joules), the charge time is less than 10 seconds.
- Charge hold time: Semiautomatic mode: 30 seconds Manual mode: 60 seconds
- Energy display: Display screen shows selected energy level (manual mode only).
- Semiautomatic mode: Automated
- Manual mode: Softkey.
Defibrillation electrode pads
- ZOLL single-use, pregelled electrode pads: CPR-D padz (includes CPR sensor) Adult statpadz II, Pediatric pedipadz II
- Built-in defibrillator self-test: Verifies proper charging and discharging of the defibrillator.
- Defibrillation advisory: Evaluates electrode attachment and patient ECG to determine if defibrillation is needed.
- Shockable arrhythmia:
a) Ventricular fibrillation (VF) with amplitude greater than 100 µV
b) Wide-complex ventricular tachycardia (VT)
c) Adult: greater than 150 beats per minute
d) Pediatric: greater than 200 beats per minute
- Valid patient impedance range:10& to 300&.
- Compression depth: 0.75 to 3 inches ±0.25 inches (1.9 to 7.6 cm ±0.6 cm)
- Compression rate: 50 to 150 compressions per minute.
- Input protection: Fully defibrillation-protected.
a) 1.4 to 22 Hz with defibrillation electrode cable
b) 1.4 to 22 Hz (default) with AED Pro ECG cable;
c) 0.7 to 30 Hz as a configurable option.
- ECG lead: Lead II
- ECG amplitude range: ±5 mV
- Heart rate range: 30 to 300 beats per minute
- Heart rate accuracy: ±5 beats per minute
- Heart rate resolution: 1 beat per minute
- Heart rate alert:
a) Configurable low heart rate limit in the range 30 to 100 beats per minute
Data Recording and Storage
- Type: Nonvolatile memory
- Capacity: 7 hours of ECG data
- Display type:
a) Liquid crystal display (LCD)
b) High resolution, 320 pixels by 240 pixels.
- Viewable area: 2.27 in 3.02 in (5.76 cm 7.68 cm)
- Sweep speed: 25 mm/s ±5%
- Viewing time:
a) 2.96 seconds (if CPR gauge displayed)
b) 3.2 seconds (without CPR gauge).
Sealed lead acid
- Type: Rechargeable sealed lead acid
- Weight: 1 kg (2.2 lb.)
- Nominal voltage: 10 V
- Recharge time:
a) 4 hours or less with:
b) ZOLL Base PowerCharger 4x4
c) ZOLL Base PowerCharger 1x1.
- For a new, fully charged battery pack at 20°C: 170 defibrillator discharges at maximum energy (200 joules) or 6 hours of continuous ECG monitoring.
- The CHANGE BATTERY warning appears after 115 maximum-energy discharges.
- Standby life: 3 months before recharge or retest.
A worldwide standard has been established by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for comparing the ability of electronic devices to withstand exposure to dust particles and water. The IEC describes its mission to be: …the leading global organization that prepares and publishes international standards for all electrical, electronic and related technologies. These serve as a basis for national standardization and as references when drafting international tenders and contracts. Through its members, the IEC promotes international cooperation on all questions of electrotech-nical standardization and related matters, such as the assessment of conformity to standards, in the fields of electricity, electronics and related technologies.