Lifting Means 1 for patient, Hanging Fork
The passive floor lifts are designed to assist residents with less mobility and can be used on either side of the bed. The adjustable chassis width makes it possible for the chassis to negotiate any obstacles under the bed, which keeps maneuvering space to a minimum.
The three types which are being outlined on this webpage are the Move, Twin and Twin Compact. The other three types will be outlined in the following webpage.
The fundamental aim of Move is to be “best on basics”. Using Move you gain a safer, more efficient solution for the basic tasks of patient handling – lifting and repositioning. The system offers two unique features – SVS (Stable Vertical System) and Powered DPS (Dynamic Positioning System), which together provide the safest, most comfortable basis for complete transfers – from the initial lift through to effortless fine-tuning of the patient’s posture.
This battery-powered passive sling lifter allows a single carer to safely manage a wide range of patient handling routines. With unrivalled flexibility, stability and reliability, Maxi Move is the best-equipped lifter for intensive use in demanding care environments.
FLEXIBILITY for the diverse challenges of everyday care:
* The Combi attachment enables smooth switching between different spreader bars.
* Choose the optimum patient interface from the widest spreader bar range in the market.
* Select the appropriate sling from the most comprehensive range available.
STABILITY for safe, comfortable transfers:
* A vertical lifting action, SVS (Stable Vertical System), means safer routines.
* DPS spreader bars help to prevent the sling from swinging during transfers.
* Excellent stability allows the lifting of heavy patients weighing up to 227 kg (500 lbs).
RELIABILITY for good quality care routines at all times:
* A product with proven endurance: the actuator is tested for thousands of cycles.
* Maxi Move has high-quality powered features that the carer and patient can rely on.
* The Maxi Move is supplied with two batteries as standard allowing reliable use 24 hours a day.
Friendly styling with smooth lines and a pleasing design has been a priority on the new Move. The rounded exterior is easy on the eye, easy to clean and reflects the smooth operating procedures.
With a new built-in electronic scale and a control handset enhanced with a display screen, Move now provides even greater opportunities to improve the quality of care. A new visual user guide on the mast offers convenient assistance to the carer.
Improving life for carers and patients:
Would you like to give patients safer, more comfortable handling, while making care routines smoother and more efficient? Would you like to provide a healthier, more ergonomic working environment for carers? Move can help to accomplish both aims.
Move - Product Specification:
Battery-operated height-adjustable sling lift.
* Safe working load: 500 lb (228 kg)
* Positioning handle for precise handling during the transfer
* SVS (stable Vertical System) which comprises of: Vertical lift, anti-swing, jib, pivot point spreader bar attached and clip sling design
* Ergonomically designed maneuvering handle
* Slings with a body-contoured design for maximum comfort, available in seven sizes: XS to XXL and colour-coded for ease of use.
* Colour-coded bar chart on the spreader bar for identification of the correct sling size
* Sling attachment to spreader bar with a four-point keyhole clip system
* Electrical opening chassis operated via the handset control
* A Battery Discharge Indicator with coloured display to indicate the power left in the battery
* Audible warning signal also to indicate that the battery requires changing
* Handset to provide complete control when working with residents
* Secondary operating controls mounted on the mast
* A Service Indicator measured in hours gives accurate actuator usage, indicating service requirements
* System failure override
* Automatic safety cut-out if lowered onto an obstacle
* Low friction castors (rear castors with brakes).
* Battery charging station - for charging two batteries at once
* Integrated scale unit
* Extended jib (for maximum reach)
* Stretcher unit using soft stretcher, scoop stretcher and strap stretcher
* Two-point spreader bar for use with walking jackets for rehabilitation and loop slings for use with residents with leg contractions
* Large Powered DPS (dynamic Positioning System) spreader bar for the heavier patient/resident, also available in Medium
* Open style small DPS spreader bar for children and small adults
* New comprehensive range of loop spreader bars, Small and Medium open design, Large wide spreader bar for the heavier resident, and flat for use with walking jackets for rehabilitation.
Open up new possibilities for improved care Twin is different! Unlike other passive sling lifters, it has a twin-mast design that not only improves both stability and weight distribution, but also creates an attractive, modern and open look.
* Better eye contact between carer and resident is enabled by the open, twin-mast design
* Exceptional legroom for the resident
* Excellent impenetrability
* Suitable for all transfer and lifting routines, including lifting residents from the floor, due to the high and low lifting stroke and long reach
* Effortless positioning of the resident with minimum exertion by the carer is made possible by the Powered Dynamic Positioning System (PDPS)
* A wide range of clip slings, loop slings and flites are available as well as an on-board scale and five different spreader bars.
Making daily transfers easier and safer:
Twin is simple to operate. All powered functions, including PDPS are controlled via the handset enabling routines to be carried out without any manual lifting. The resident can be gently rotated 360 degrees in the sling, which enhances the safety and efficiency of transfer routines. The open design offers unprecedented eye contact between carer and resident that adds to the feeling of safety and well-being.
Maxi Twin supports one-carer operation in daily transfers. It is suitable for patients and residents who have no capacity to support themselves in care environments such as residential homes, nursing homes and special care facilities.
It is supplied with two batteries. With daily charging routines, the lift is always read to use. The integrated scale option enables residents to be weighed during transfers.
(3) TWIN Compact
Twin Compact offers superior access in confined spaces. The remarkably small footprint enables safe everyday transfers of residents in elderly care facilities and in home care, where space may be an issue.
This is a smaller version of the well-known Twin passive floor lifter. It incorporates all the main features of the larger sling lifter including the innovative twin-mast design that improves stability and weight distribution, while offering the carer unique access advantages for working in confined spaces.